Friday, June 30, 2006

To my Canadian family

From: Lorrie Bowes (in Australia)
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 6:36 AM
Subject: Hi there

To my Canadian family

How wonderful it was that we were able to celebrate Elmer's life while he was with us, that we were all able to tell him how much he meant to us and that he then had 5 weeks to absorb and reflect on it all before our gracious God took him gently and peacefully to him. What a wonderful reward for a wonderful man.

I have been trying to put into words just how much Elmer meant to me but as it says in the song "words don't come easy" especially when talking about someone so loved. How blessed was I when I met Robert and became a member of the Bowes family 34 years ago - I not only gained 4 sisters and 4 brothers but also a wonderful mother and father in law. Elmer became my Canadian father and his wisdom, gentle guidance, patience and love through the years have been such an anchor for me that mere words will never express how grateful I am and how much I loved him.

The tears are flowing too much now to continue but just remember that I love you all very much, miss you all just as much and that my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know however that our loving Lord has his arms wrapped around us all and that he will continue to comfort and strengthen us in the days ahead.

Love from your Australian sister and daughter.

No comments: