Friday, June 30, 2006

This email is from Lorrie Bowes' father, Harold Quirk, in Australia.

From: Harold Quirk
Cc: Dave/Marilynn Ashby
Sent: Monday, 29 May 2006, 12:34 PM

Well Old Timer, you've beat me to iT& when the Lord sends for me I hope he gives me the same sort of one way Ticket, & please give my love to my Departed. I was going to apologise for not Emailing sooner for not having attended your 90th that Bo & Lorraine assured us was a lovely Party. Anyway we'll make up for it, when I catch up to you & we Tee Up in a BALL.
Au Revoir my very dear Friend, from your Friend Down Under, [Harold]


Marilyn & Dave & the Bow as Clan, to say how sorry I am is putting it so lightly & certainly does in no way convey my sense of loss & almost dismay when Lorrain & Bob brought the news to me but then reality took over & what a way to go & so I became happy for him.

I feel for you his Family & particularly Madge your Mum as she has lost her Mate, & oh how I know how lost & lonely she will be but then she has you all to comfort her & this will be a great solace, but of course not complete. [Oh how I know.] & a large part of one looks forward to the day that God sends for us & we can rejoin fact it seems as it would be like a tree in a forest that is being cleared, "The view is good from up hear but oh so lonely."

So to you the Bow Clan, I who have mourned on so many occasions understand and sympathise & pray God to help in your sorrow as I know you ask. Amen.

Harold Quirk

No comments: