Friday, June 09, 2006

Dustin: Family Legacy

Full text from Dustin's weblog.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

SO in recent encounters with some relatives I have decided to try my hand at poetry, even though I would not call what I write true poetry since I am sure that it lacks my structure to the real writer. Regardless I wish to place this poem on here as a tribute to my Grandfather (whom I was very close with) who recently passed on. He was a great man and to quote my father "was as close to perfect as anyone he has ever met". That pretty much sums up my Grandpa.

Family Legacy
(An Ode to my Grandfather)

It started with one man and his wife,
Joined together in love, for life,
Not knowing what they’d start,
Just following love from their hearts.

One man and his wife,
Creating so much life,
Leading by example,
Giving a legacy,
from one generation to the next,

A pilot,
A poet,
A thinker,
A worker,
Artist,
Musician,
Accountant,
Businessperson,
Teacher,
Farmer,
Athlete,
Scientist,
Philosopher.

All rooted in one man and his wife,
Given together in love for life,
Starting something they could not know,
I hope they were proud as they watched us grow.

The closest to perfection that could be seen,
Coming out of one human being,
He gave himself to each generation for all to see,
A man and his wife’s family Legacy.

No comments: